'You're not going to die': how to survive an edible marijuana overdose

Antworten
BUMMBUMM

Beitrag von BUMMBUMM »

Cannabis-linked emergency room visits are on the rise, but the best remedy might just be a Will Ferrell movie.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... e-too-much
...Fortunately, in the almost four years since the first fully legal market opened in Colorado, edible-related tragedies have been mercifully rare. One man shot and killed his wife and is now serving a long prison sentence. At least one other person has fallen to their death.

However, the outcome of overconsumption is far more likely to look like what happened when the New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd ate an infused candy bar in a Denver hotel room. “[She] lay curled up in a hallucinatory state for the next eight hours”, unable even to get a cup of water. “I became convinced I had died and no one was telling me,” she wrote.
Bonni Goldstein, a cannabis physician in southern California and a medical adviser to Weedmaps, a Yelp-like site for locating dispensaries, writes: “First, and most important: talk yourself down. You are not going to stop breathing and you are not going to die … Try to take your mind off it. Watch television for the distraction, or lie down and take a nap.”

Tishler cautions against taking anything to treat it, no matter what the internet recommends. “CBD won’t work. Chewing peppercorns is downright dangerous. Some commercial products exist but are unproven and not necessarily safe.”
Antworten

Zurück zu „Englische Artikel“